Webinar Atlas.ti (8) part 1: basic functions and coding
Introduction workshop to Atlas.ti (8) part 1: basics and how to code.
When you register for this webinar you will receive an e-mail with a link shortly before the start, which opens in your browser. You will be able to ask questions via audio and chat.
Install Atlas.ti on your laptop beforehand, with a proper license. You can request Atlas.ti by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, using your student e-mail. Specify whether it's for a Windows or Apple device. They will send you the software for free via a packed file (you can unpack it with 7-zip https://www.7-zip.org/), with a install instruction. See also: https://www.ru.nl/ict-uk/students/software/
- Tuesday, April 6, 2021
- 1:30pm - 3:00pm
- Nijmegen School of Management
This is the first part of the introduction workshop to Atlas.ti (8), software for coding and qualitative data analysis. This is a prerequisite for part 2 of the workshop.
In this workshop you will learn:
- the basic functions of Atlas.ti
- to work with projects and export back-ups
- to upload and organise your documents and other materials
- how the document, code and quotation managers work
- the different methods of coding in Atlas.ti and when to use them
- some tips on how to create a codebook/ code structure, depending on your research question, and sub questions
For participation in this event you need to have Atlas.ti 8 installed (updated to version 8.4, 8.3 will work as well). If you don't have Atlas.ti on your laptop, request Atlas.ti by sending an email to email@example.com, using your student e-mail
Use your own digital data (documents) to start coding. You can also download two sample sets, one simple, and one more elaborate (Children & Happiness Stage 1 & 2) from the Atlas.ti website: here.