Online data workshop: Working with BoardEx (NSM)
This workshop is intended for students Economics and Business Administration who intend to work with BoardEx for their BA or MA thesis. BoardEx is available through WRDS (create an account via the link on the libguide Business Administration & Economics.
Participants are strongly advised to send information about their research topic, e.g. the desired dataset, variables and timeframe, to datasupport-NSM@ubn.ru.nl at least 24 hours before the workshop.
If you have other topics you would like to address or have further questions do not hesitate to communicate this beforehand!
Location & duration
The workshop will take place in a remote session. Participants receive a Zoom invitation beforehand.
Duration: 2 hours.
There is room for 3 attendants per workshop.
Related LibGuide: Library Guide Business Administration & Economics by Norma Fötsch
- Tuesday, April 13, 2021 Show more dates
- 2:30pm - 4:30pm
- Nijmegen School of Management
A basic how-to-get-started workflow for BoardEx was presented during the support sessions. Check the slides ('Board and CSR-ESG data - support session') here: https://libguides.ru.nl/BE/workshops
During this workshop you can work with the BoardEx files for your own topic. A data librarian from the NSM Library Team will be present to assist you.
The needs of the participants determine what is treated in the workshop, such as
- creating a sample in BoardEx or working with a sample created in another database (Orbis/Eikon/Compustat);
- working with identifiers like the ISIN-code, company ID and Board ID;
- combining data from different BoardEx datasets;
- creating your own variables from the BoardEx data in Excel or Stata;
- combining BoardEx data with data (e.g. financials, ratio's, stock returns) from other databases like Orbis, Compustat or Eikon.
+31243615950 / +31612352227