Radboud Data Repository - Getting started
An introductory course for first time users of the Radboud Data Repository (RDR). The RDM Support Team introduces you to the basic functionalities of the Radboud Data Repository and shows you how to get started in a short demonstration.
The workshop discusses the collections types available in the RDR, the roles that can be assigned to people involved in your collection and the different access levels available for your collection when publishing your data. Furthermore, the course will include information on how the RDR fits within the Research Data Management landscape, how to best use the RDR in your daily research and some best practices and tips for the practical use of the RDR.
Note that not all researchers at Radboud University can create their own collections in the RDR. You can only do so if your research institute has joined the RDR, see for a full lists here (under 'step 2'). If you work at another institute, you can still collaborate on collections created by other researchers. Students of these institutes/faculties can only use the RDR when they are added to a collection of their supervisor. The focus of this lecture lies mainly on working with your own collections, so you can expect this course to be the most usefull if your research institute has joined the RDR. If you do not have your own collection (e.g when you are added as a contributor to an existing collection), you are still welcome to join!
- Thursday, February 8, 2024
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- 1.05B Central Library Instruction Room
- Central Library
Content: During this workshop we will address topics such as:
- What are the basic features of the Radboud Data Repository?
- How to request collections?
- How to invite colleagues to your collection?
- How to best use the Radboud Data Repository in your daily research?
Learning goals: After completion of the workshop participants will:
- Know how to make and use a collection in the Radboud Data Repository
- Know the best practices regarding research data management in the Radboud Data Repository
- Know how they can best use the Radboud Data Repository in their research practice
Topics: Radboud Data Repository, collection types, collection roles, metadata, RDR in Research Data Management
Format: Lecture with demonstration.
Prerequisite knowledge: none required.
For whom: First time Radboud Data Repository users.
Duration: 1 session of 60 minutes.
Contact information: email@example.com or 0243612863